FORMERLY WAS NUMBERED ORDINANCE 25 WHICH WAS A DUPLICATE OF ORDINANCE 25, AN ORDINANCE GOVERNING TOBACCO SALES
The City Council of the City of Bellechester do ordain as follows:
Notwithstanding any other ordinance to the contrary, the following requirements shall apply to all homes in the City of Bellechester.
- The Dwelling must have a permanent footing 48” deep of which a minimum of 44” is below grade and 4” above grade as provided by the MN State Building Code.
- No house may be placed in a residential area unless it conforms in architectural design, construction, and materials to existing houses so as not to devalue property or constitute blight.
- No house shall be less than 24 feet wide when measured at its narrowest point and not less than 850 square feet on the main floor or split level excluding the basement.
- All structures shall be permanent-type structures and no non-conforming house may be continued to a new owner. The present owner of a non-conforming house may maintain his non-conforming house on his property as long as the house is liveable and maintained in a state of reasonable repair. This shall be determined by the City Council.
- Permanent wood or masonry foundations and building components complying with the Minnesota State Building Code will be required.
- Garages and other accessory buildings shall have a design and appearance that will not detract from either the main building or adjacent buildings.
- Any existing structure, not meeting required standards will be a valid nonconforming use. Any additions or alterations will meet Section 2 requirements.
- Any property owner or person violating any of the provisions of this ordinance shall be punished by a fine not exceeding $300.00 or by imprisonment not exceeding 90 days. Each day of said violations shall be deemed a separate offense.
ATTEST: Barbara Heppelmann, Clerk Edward T. Heppelmann, Mayor
Published in the News/Record Wednesday, January 19, 2000.