Bellechester City Council Meeting Minutes
May 13, 2020 @ 10am
Meeting was called to order by Mayor Greg Majerus at 9:58 p.m.
Pledge to the flag.
Roll call was taken: The council in attendance: Mayor Greg Majerus, Council people Doug Majerus, Rich Majerus, and Mark Gerken as well as Lisa Redepenning, Goodhue County Sherriff Deputy Josh Hanson, Goodhue County Sherriff Marty Kelly, Jody Gordon from Tavern as well as Jacob Klindworth were also present. Treasurer Kyle McKeown was absent.
Minutes of April, 2020 meeting were reviewed and motion was made by Brian Ringeisen with a second Rich Majerus to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
Bills were reviewed and a motion by Rich Majerus with a second by Brian Ringeisen to approve and pay the bills as presented. Motion carried.
- Update on Grants – all the forms with estimates will get turned into USDA and move forward.
- Liquor License Renewals – Liquor license renewal for the Tavern was discussed. Motion was made by Brian Ringeisen with a 2nd by Mark Gerken to approve the liquor license renewal for 2020-2021. Brian Ringeisen and Mark Gerken voting in favor. Rich Majerus and Doug Majerus voting not in favor. Mayor Greg Majerus voting in favor. Motion carried. Motion was made by Rich Majerus with a 2nd by Mark Gerken approve the liquor license for American Legion for 2020-2021. All in favor. Motion carried.
- Drive-In Movie Request – As long as COVID rules are in effect and followed, council did not have any issues with it.
- New business in town – Individual approached the council with the possibility of starting in Bellechester. We will need to look at approximately 6-7000 gallons of water coming from this business. He will bring forward more details to council.
- Tavern Storage Shed – shed has been moved.
- Review/discussion of website host/design – Check into other cities.
Clerk Report – Street Repair Bill – FYI – As if today (Thursday), it has not been received. Auction of forefitted property – I inquired about if this occurred and received this response: “Yes, we did a telephone auction and the parcel in Bellechester did not sell.” They indicated that they did not tell someone over the phone that they could not purchase it. Rhonda @ Wabasha said she did tell them the property was unbuildable and the house was unlivable. Tavern Storage Shed – I followed up with Jody to see if this had been moved and they are waiting for the person to come and do so. Agenda/Packet/Bill Payment Adjustment – With the date change, I will have the packet to you by the week-end before the Wednesday meeting date. I will ask for agenda items the week before the meeting. Reminder – Change in date and time of meetings – 2nd Wednesday @ 10 am.
Treasurer Report – Past due report was discussed.
Water/Wastewater/Facility Report – Discussion was done on water issues in our lines.
Mayor Concerns: Storage shed was discussed for all recreation equipment. We will look into the cost and discuss at next meeting. Burning pile reminder. City is responsibility for the burning of this brush; we have the permits to do so, no citizen should be starting a fire at any point.
Council Concerns: Discussion with the Sherriff on issues in town.
Motion was made by Rich Majerus with a second by Brian Ringeisen to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried. Meeting was adjourned at 12:05 pm. Next meeting is June 10th @ 10:00 a.m. at the Bellechester Community Center.
Submitted by Lisa Redepenning – City Clerk
- Fee Change for Utility Bills – Shut off fee was eliminated with a single reconnect fee of $100, a 10% interest fee after 90 days and returned check fee of $25.
- Burn Pile – Please remember that burn pile is for brush and leaves only. We can get fined for all other items left here.
- Recycling – Please recycle whenever you can. There is a recycling bin located on the north end of town by GB Feed and Supply. By recycling, this will keep our garbage rates from rising.
- NEW COUNCIL DAY AND TIME: 2ND Wednesday of the month @ 10:00 a.m.
Council meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month @ 10:00 a.m. at the Bellechester Community Center.