Bellechester City Council Meeting Minutes
July 8, 2019 @ 6:30PM
Meeting was called to order by Mayor Greg Majerus at 6:28 p.m.
Pledge to the flag.
Roll call was taken: The council in attendance: Mayor Greg Majerus, Council people Doug Majerus, Rich Majerus, Mark Gerken and Brian Ringeisen as well as Lisa Redepenning and Kyle McKeown. Goodhue County Patrol Captain Jason Johnson, Charlie Cordes and Jen Nibbe were also present.
Minutes of June 2019 meeting were approved with motion was made by Rich Majerus with a second Brian Ringeisen by to approve the minutes as presented. Motion carried.
Bills were reviewed and a motion by Mark Gerken with a second by Rich Majerus to approve and pay the bills as presented. Motion carried.
- Road repair update – no update on the progress on the repair of this road.
- Old Bar – this will be a long process, and the city has not been contacted regarding the status of this property.
- Late fee charge for Utility Bills – after 90 days, fees will start. Motion was made by Rich Majerus with a 2nd by Brian Ringeisen to change to eliminating shut off fee and have 1 reconnect fee of $100, and a 10% interest fee after 90 days and returned check fee of $25. Motion carried.
- Goodhue County Sheriff Contract – needs to be resigned and back to county. Jason Johnson introduced himself to council.
- Benefit for Josh Leonard – Dance Permit, July 27th for benefit. Two people from the legion will be bouncers at this event. Street will be blocked off for this event. There will be Goodhue county patrol during this event. Sober cab drivers will be available. It was asked if surrounding businesses need to move anything. We will be contacted on how far down the street needs to be closed. There was discussion on what will be used to block the street – road needs to be completely blocked so nothing can get through. Vehicles blocking along with orange coloring was discussed. Motion to grant dance permit with bouncers and street blockage by Brian Ringeisen with a 2nd by Mark Gerken . Motion carried. Legion will be carrying the gambling permit on their license.
- 2020 Budget – Suggested to change budget $7000 for snow plowing. Snow removal issues were discussed also pertaining to cost to try to reduce the cost to the city. More discussion and changes will be made in upcoming months.
Clerk Report – Quarterly reporting and coupon billing was done.
Treasurer Report – 1 late payment account was discussed. Letter will be sent.
Water/Wastewater/Facility Report – Kyle spoke to someone regarding looking at the ponds. Issues around the pond was discussed pertaining to mowing.
Mayor Concerns: 307 1st Street property has stirred questions. City has not been contacted regarding this property. Discussion was made on what would be allowed on what would be built on this property if sold. It is currently in a residential area.
Council Concerns: Questions and discussion on the possible new business in area that was brought up at previous meeting. Rich has been in communication with engineer that can help us with annexation, connection setup as well as with TIF if this moves forward.
Motion was made by Brian Ringeisen with a second by Rich Majerus to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried. Meeting was adjourned at 8:07 pm. Next meeting is August 12, 2019.
Submitted by Lisa Redepenning – City Clerk
Fee Change for Utility Bills – Shut off fee was eliminated with a single reconnect fee of $100, aa 10% interest fee after 90 days and returned check fee of $25. Any unpaid utility bills as of 10/1 will go on taxes. Pleases make sure all past dues are up to date by September 1st.
Ball Fields – there is no fee for use of the ball fields. It is first come, first served. If you wish to use for Leagues, please contact the city so we can post. Please refrain from recreational use of field space.
Burn Pile – Burn pile is for brush and leaves only. We can get fined for all other items left here.
Recycling – Please recycle whenever you can. There is a recycling bin located on the north end of town by GB Feed and Supply. By recycling, this will keep our garbage rates from rising.
Council meets the 2nd Monday of the month @ 6:30pm at the Bellechester Community Center.