Bellechester City Council
June 14th, 2017
Meeting was called to order by Mayor Keegan Quin at 6:30 p.m.
Pledge to the flag.
Roll call was taken: The council in attendance: Mayor Keegan Quinn, Council people Doug Majerus, Kim Gilsdorf, Tim Taras and Jason Nurnberg as well as Kyle McKeown, Rich Heppelmann, Rich Majerus, Char K, Mag Majerus, Ellen Huneke.
Minutes of May 2017 meeting were approved with motion was made by Doug Majerus with a second by Kim Gilsdorf to approve the minutes as modified. Motion carried.
Bills were reviewed. Motion by Jason Nurnberg with a second by Kim Gilsdorf to approve and pay the bills as presented. Motion carried.
- Discussed St. Mary’s water invoice
- Issue with Council Meeting Minutes not being posted
- Empty lot on the end of 2nd St, Bellechester Community Center, and lot by Jamey Swanson needs to be mowed.
- Rich Heppelmann has complaints about Jamey Swanson, Mark Gerken and Rich Majerus properties
- Kim Gilsdorf makes a motion to approve the new Liquor License ordinance, seconded by Jason Nurnberg. Motion Carried
- Kim Gilsdorf makes a motion to hire Kyle McKeown Public Works for salary of $550 a month, seconded by Jason Nurnberg. Motion Carried
Clerk Report –
Treasurer Report – 4 letters to be sent.
Water/Wastewater/Facility Report – South Well is down due to a power issue. Running off of the North Well until Xcel Energy can get in to fix the issue.
Council Concerns: Send Legion the total for property insurance on the Legion building.
Kim Gilsdorf makes a motion to black top unpaved seconded by Jason Nurnberg. Motion Carried.
Council member Kim Gilsdorf has turned in her resignation from the City Council
Will discuss open council position at the July council meeting
Motion was made by Jason Nurnberg with a second by Tim Taras to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried. Meeting was adjourned at 7:18pm.
Submitted by Kyle McKeown
Recycling – Please recycle whenever you can. There is a recycling bin located on the north end of town by GB Feed and Supply. By recycling, this will keep our garbage rates from rising.