Bellechester City Council – Meeting Minutes
March 11, 2019
APRIL meeting will be TUESDAY, April 16th @ the Bellechester Community Center. 5:30pm will be the Board of Appeal and Equalization meeting, regular meeting will follow at 6:30pm.
Meeting was called to order by Mayor Greg Majerus at 6:30 p.m.
Pledge to the flag.
Roll call was taken: The council in attendance: Mayor Greg Majerus, Council people Doug Majerus, Rich Majerus, Mark Gerken and Brian Ringeisen as well as Clerk Sara Betcher and Kyle McKeown.
Minutes of February 2019 meeting were approved with motion was made by Rich Majerus with a second by Doug Majerus to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
Bills were reviewed and a motion by Brian Ringeisen with a second by Mark Gerken to approve and pay the bills as presented. Motion carried.
Building application from Kim Gilsdorf was presented with a motion made by Brian Ringeisen and a second by Mark Gerken to approve the application. Motion carried.
- Board of Appeal & Equalization – Goodhue and Wabasha are set for April 16th @ 5:30pm at the Bellechester Community Center and normal meeting at 6:30pm. Nuvera will have the wifi hooked up and working for the meeting.
- Motion made by Rich Majerus to have the mayor paid every 6 months, the same as the council. Second by Brian Ringeisen. Motion carried
- SWG flat rate possibility. We will put a note in the 2nd quarter billing asking for concerns or comments.
- The City of Bellechester will buy into the Continental Billing system software for Sewer/Water/Garbage. Motion made by Rich Majerus and second by Doug Majerus. Motion carried.
- Crack Sealing of Streets will be done by the County when they have other sealing in the area.
- Ambulance regular meeting had assessments being issued at $10 per person this year. A motion was made to approve the ambulance assessment bill by Rich Majerus and a second was made by Brian Ringeisen. Motion carried.
- The city is looking at putting a generator on the #3 Wellhouse. We may be able to apply for a grant for this item. We are waiting on several companies to give quotes and these quotes will then be sent to WSB for possible grant submission.
- Will be sending out 2nd Quarter water bills at the end of this month.
- Working on quarterly reports.
- Sending shut-off letters out.
- Hoping to discharge soon.
- Flushing in May
Motion was made by Rich Majerus with a second by Doug Majerus to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried. Meeting was adjourned at 7:59 pm.
Submitted by Sara Betcher – City Clerk
April Meeting will be TUESDAY, April 16th @ the Bellechester Community Center. 5:30pm will be the Board of Appeal & Equalization meeting, regular meeting will follow at 6:30pm.
Reminder – Street Parking Ordinance #27 is in effect – No Motor vehicle shall be left parked on any street(s) in the city from Nov. 1-April 1 for the hours of 2am until 6am with snow fall of more than 2”.
Recycling – Please recycle whenever you can. There is a recycling bin located on the north end of town by GB Feed and Supply. By recycling, this will keep our garbage rates from rising.
Next meeting is Tuesday, April 16th at 6:30pm. This will be following the Board of Equalization and Appeal meetings for Goodhue and Wabasha counties at 5:30p at the Bellechester Community Center.