Bellechester City Council Meeting Minutes
November 11, 2019 @ 6:30PM
Meeting was called to order by Mayor Greg Majerus at 6:31 p.m.
Pledge to the flag.
Roll call was taken: The council in attendance: Mayor Greg Majerus, Council people Doug Majerus, Rich Majerus, Mark Gerken and Brian Ringeisen as well as Lisa Redepenning and Kyle McKeown. Brian Gordon from the Tavern as well was Dave Reuter also present.
Minutes of October, 2019 meeting were approved with motion was made by Brian Ringeisen with a second Rich Majerus by to approve the minutes with noted changes. Motion carried.
Bills were reviewed and a motion by Rich Majerus with a second by Doug Majerus to approve and pay the bills as presented. Motion carried.
- Above Ground Pool Ordinance – review – There is another residence with a pool. Discussion on the proposed ordinance was done. Dave Reuter explained the issue with the fencing with his pool. All pieces were received for the pool they have and will be ready for next year. City is satisfied with the progress and the proof from insurance on coverage that was provided. Inground pool ordinance will be discussed in the future.
- Fence Ordinance – review, discuss. (see below).
- Flood Plain ordinance – review, discuss, approve. Mark questioned a few people in Hammond and Zumbro Falls regarding flooding and if they were covered and shared what they experienced. Rich will contact the person who can come and look through the town to see what can be done. We will discuss at a future time.
- Special Assessments – approve certification to county. Motion was made by Rich Majerus with a 2nd by Brian Ringeisen to approve the certification to county.
- Update on Grant – Rich will be making an appointment with USDA representative soon to discuss the possibility of getting stationary versus portable generator.
- Building Permit – Tavern – review, discuss and approve – The building needs to be moved 7’ to the north. Motion was made by Brian Ringeisen with a 2nd by Mark Gerken to approve the building permit as presented with a set back as discussed. Brian Gordon asked if the town was interested in a winter festival utilizing the ball field for possible vintage snowmobile races or other event. Brian would be interested in organizing something if council is interested either summer or winter. The city would need to review prior to proceeding with the event. We will discuss further.
- Master Dog Licenses – review list. 3 additional letters will be sent.
- Agreement for State Building Code Administration with County – discuss and approve. Motion was made by Mark Gerken with a 2nd by Doug Majerus to approve the agreement as presented. Motion carried.
- Driver Speed Sign Agreement with County – discuss and approve. The county engineer will have recommendations on placement that we will discuss with them. This is the same agreement that was done with surrounding communities. Motion was made by Rich Majerus with a 2nd by Brian Ringeisen to approve the driver speed agreement with county. Motion carried.
- Mark Gerken offered $75 for the Dodge. Motion was made by Rich Majerus with a 2nd by Doug Majerus to accept offer of $75 for old Dodge truck. Motion carried.
Clerk Report – Street repair bill has not yet been received.
Treasurer Report – No treasurer report ready for the meeting.
Water/Wastewater/Facility Report – Benches need to be marked at the ball field. Kyle inquired if we want to do a snow fence behind Blattner property. Several things have been done in the past; we will see what happens this year with no fence and evaluate. Other fencing will be done this week-end. Discharging will be done by end of week. Mark inquired about information on the MMS chart that came with the bill.
Mayor Concerns: None
Council Concerns: Mark was approached by a court resident with rusty water concerns. There are 2 court owned hydrants that need to be flushed that is affecting his water. The city does not own these farm-type hydrants. Mark looked at the patches that was done on the street by the bar and it was is not done properly; it appears dry. Rich will follow up with the contractor on this issue. Mark inquired on if the ordinances are on the website. They are on the site.
Motion was made by Brian Ringeisen with a second by Rich Majerus to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried. Meeting was adjourned at 8:01 pm. Next meeting is December 9, 2019.
Submitted by Lisa Redepenning – City Clerk
2020 Census – Census information is completely separate from the government information and that responses are protected by the constitution and will never be shared. Programs and funding that Bellechester residents can utilize are directly affected by these numbers, but we need to have correct population information when the money and decisions are made. It is important to answer these 10 questions are that will be receive on or about April 1
Fee Change for Utility Bills – Shut off fee was eliminated with a single reconnect fee of $100, and a 10% interest fee after 90 days and returned check fee of $25.
Burn Pile – Please remember that burn pile is for brush and leaves only. We can get fined for all other items left here.
Recycling – Please recycle whenever you can. There is a recycling bin located on the north end of town by GB Feed and Supply. By recycling, this will keep our garbage rates from rising.
Council meets the 2nd Monday of the month @ 6:30pm at the Bellechester Community Center.