Bellechester City Council
August 9th, 2017
Meeting was called to order by Mayor Keegan Quin at 6:30 p.m.
Pledge to the flag.
Roll call was taken: The council in attendance: Mayor Keegan Quinn, Council people Doug Majerus, Tim Taras and Rich Majerus as well as Kyle McKeown and Greg Ruehl. Also in attendance were Victor Gonzalez, Mark Gerhken. Jason Nurnberg was absent.
Minutes of June 2017 meeting were approved with motion was made by Tim Taras with a second by Doug Majerus to approve the minutes as modified. Motion carried.
Bills were reviewed. Motion by Rich Majerus with a second by Tim Taras to approve and pay the bills as presented. Motion carried.
- Swearing in of Rich Majerus
- Trailer Court Building Permit. Motion to approve siding/window permit made by Rich Majerus with a second by Doug Majerus. Motion carried. Motion to approve deck permit for the same property made by Rich Majerus with a second by Tim Tarras. Motion Carried.
- Zumbrota Ambulance: Tim Tarras agreed to take over keeping in contact with Zumbrota
- Matt Mohs and street project finalization: Motion to pay Rochester Sand & Gravel invoice #1 made by Rich Majerus with a second by Tim Tarras. Motion Carried.
Clerk Report –
- New Clerk Laptop needed. Tabled until September Meeting
- Working on new website host and/or Facebook page for the city
- Looking into billing software to replace current SWG Coupon system.
Treasurer Report –2 letters to be sent.
Water/Wastewater/Facility Report –
- Window repaired
- Ball park fence repaired.
- Water samples to be taken.
- Property line concerns with bar addition. Needs to be surveyed and need to be correct before building.
- Playground wood chips next spring.
- Garbage cans dumped by countryside 1-2 times a month at playground.
Motion was made by Rich Majerus with a second by Tim Taras to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried. Meeting was adjourned at 7:19pm.
Submitted by Greg Ruehl
Recycling – Please recycle whenever you can. There is a recycling bin located on the north end of town by GB Feed and Supply. By recycling, this will keep our garbage rates from rising.
BURN PILE IS FOR BRUSH ONLY!!!